View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Angry So MAD at the IRS!!!

I got my taxes done on Feb. 14 - first time ever in my life that I walked in & had every piece of info for my tax lady & had them done, & signed them that day. Knew exactly how much I was getting back. Felt good about the amt - thought it would help fund some of my desire to go to the YT meetup in Alexandria, VA.

Tax lady says it should be in your checking account in 7-12 days. Nine days later my state return shows up - she told me it would come first & a couple more days then I should see the Federal. Well, I wait & wait. I'm checking everyday for the return.

In the meantime - on Thursday - I find $29 tickets each way to Florida during the time I'm on forced furlough for work. - So, after much debating with self I decide to buy them - taking the dogs adds another $200, and $30 for luggage & all the fees brings my total over $300 -- but I think hey, I'm getting my tax return & not having to use a bunch of vacation days. It will be ok.

So, low & behold Friday my Federal tax money finally shows up in my checking acct. & it is short exactly $300!!!!

Yesterday, I was swamped with work & computer problems so couldn't call the tax gal. Just got off the phone with her -- she doesn't know what happened (she's off wk today - she's a friend of my parents so I called her at home) But she told me that the FEDERAL Gov't has so MANY problems this year - that returns are taking much longer especially if you have any education credits or if you live in a state that was a disaster area in 2008. Which I had both.

I never even qualified last summer for one of those $300 stimulous checks - because I make so little money. So, it's not that they counted for that. Now I have to wait until Monday for her to look at my return. But she said there have been many, many problems this year

I guess the federal gov't needed my $300 to help bail out AIG again, or maybe it was one of the auto dealers now with their hand out again. -- ugh

I'm kicking myself for spending the money to go to Florida - now this really effects my plans for the trip to the YT meetup
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!