View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Default Heartbreaking story about 2 pups in Texas

I received an email today from a lady who is having to give up her beloved pets. She has been diagnosed with a severe medical condition that has left her with no job or home.
The only place for her to go is with a daughter who is married to a man who does not like dogs. She stayed there recently and he got mad at one of the poor pups for going into his flower garden...he picked the poor thing up by the scruff of his neck and started beating it. This poor woman started crying as she was telling me this story. Anyway...these people (daughter and son in law) have new carpet and they will not allow the pups anywhere except one room of the house...and they had accidents because their mom is not able to always get them to the door in time due to her condition. SO....she has been told she cannot keep these babies. She is losing her place to live at the end of the month so she has until then. Horrifying that people could be so unkind. This lady is going through enough now without having this. Makes me want to scream.
I would take these two in a heartbeat, but I have so many now it is really too much. I do not know of anyone who can help with two.
These two pups are: one yorkie male who is 3 1/2 and weighs 11 pounds and a yorkiepoo female who is 6 and weighs 14 pounds. She does not want these two separated because they are very attached to each other.
PLEASE if you know anyone who might be looking for two sweeties, let me know. I will have pictures this weekend and will provide them. I also promised her I will screen potential adopters. This will not be through rescue, but a rescue application will be required.
I hung up the phone in tears myself..it was so clear that this woman's heart is breaking over this. They are her babies.

Last edited by ladyjane; 03-06-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!