View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treacle
Hiya All

Im new to the site, have posted my details, and just had a quick question.

I have been reading on here that I should get Treacle a coat for the Autumn/Winter. I have been having great fun looking. My question is - i currently use a harness for her as she pulls on a lead and I think it is too dangerous. Are there coat type harnesses or is there a gap in the coat for the lead to come through?? The lead is obvoiusly lower than a normal collar and lead would be?

Also, how do i measure her correctly for a coat? I know these may be silly questions and i do apologise, however this is my first yorkie and first dog since i was a child so need lots of guidance!!

Best wishes

Treacles Mum

HI,

Welcome to Yorkie talk!

I have seen several coats that have a small "slit" on the back of them so that you can pull the d-ring fro your harness through it. I have even seen some people put a harness over a coat. I personally prefer just adding a d-ring to my coats for walking the dog. All of my coats on my website I am able to add a d-ring to. Several people on here make dog clothes and can do this for you. When you measure your dog measure the length of the back(from the base of the neck to the base of the tail). And then measure around the largest part of your dogs chest/waist. If your dog has a lot of hair it may be a good idea to add an inch to your chest measurements. Another tip for a longhaired dog- get a coat lined in satin(or see if someone can make on for you) to keep the hair from matting.

Hope that helps
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!