View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
ReesiesDad
YT Addict

Default Bilateral luxating patella

3 year old Reesie had her surgery on 2/24 and we're recovering right now. The most difficult thing to deal with is the lack of spirit that she shows. I really think she's afraid of us now, even though we treat her like a princess. It's impossible to know what kind of psychological trauma she's going through and I sometimes think that she believes we had her hurt with surgery on purpose. It's tough watching a tiny dog get through this. We're very careful and make sure she doesn't try to jump or run. She still sometimes eats while standing only on her front legs with her little butt in the air, so I know there's still back pain caused by the knees.

She gets her stitches out Saturday morning and I have a few things to talk to the vet about. She shivers quite a bit so I interpret that as pain and give her Metacam as directed. She still favors the right leg as that was Grade 4, the left was Grade 2. I think we'll get through this ok, but the amount of pain that we suffer seems to be greater with a tiny dog.
ReesiesDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!