View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
victoriasueno
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissy View Post
I use an ex-pen. Missy is never alone for long, but I don't think a crate is enough space if Mr Belvedere is in it for 12-14 hrs. At least with an expen he will have some room to move around and play.
We've tried the X-Pen but unless we spend big money on one with a secure cover, Mr Belvedere just jumps right out. I borrowed a super tall xpen from from my friend's Burmese Mt Dog but he's figured out how to scale the wall and climb out. I've tried netting, additional fencing, blankets, rope net, wire and mesh. THe last three were made for the Xpen too! He either chews it up, breaks it off, or in the case of the wire climbs up and gets his paw caught. Thank goodness I was home at the time! (I've secured bumpers around the crate that he's currently in.)
The days where he's alone for 12 hours I usually come home on my lunch break and let him run around for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes.

Other than locking him up in a crate I'm at a loss on what to do. (Tomorrow will be his first day in the crate and my boyfriend will be home as well as the day after. We'll give it a test run and see how antsy he gets.

There's no one in the area that I could ask to come into the apartment while we're gone to walk the dog. My BF and I work for a computer company so there's way too many things to be stolen. We've just moved to the area and do not have any neighbors we trust. (If anything, just the opposite!)

I appreciate the quick replies! Thank you all for your continued help!
victoriasueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!