View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
victoriasueno
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Where are your pups during the day?

I tried searching for an existing thread but my search kept coming back empty.

Mr Belvedere has recently 'outgrown' his old pen that he'd stay in during the day. He used to have a Pet Gear Home 'n' Go. I liked it because it was soft nylon and opened at the top. However the little bugger chewed holes into all four sides of the pen. I had it in a corner and had to block all four sides, put a crate on one side and a baby gate on the fourth side AND top b/c he's figured out how to jump out. After 5 months it's time to move on! This is the second Home 'n' Go we've gone through in 5 months. (The first one was broken by my boyfriend). Mr Belvedere has tons of toys and keeps busy, I'm convinced he just likes destroying things. Today I went to the pet store and bought him a dog crate with similar dimensions as his Home 'n' Go.

I'm just curious as to what/where your babies stay during the day. Because my boyfriend and I work in retail, Mr. Belvedere is in his big crate (sized for Labs and Chow Chows) with his litter pan, toys, food and water dish for up to 10 hours on a normal day, 12-14 hours occasionally and if I can find something more comfortable I'd like to do that.

I've looked into pet daycare however we work in Retail and often work until 10pm. The daycares in the area only stay open until 9 and honestly, I don't trust anyone but me to care for my pup.

Thanks,
Victoria and Mr Belvedere
victoriasueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!