View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mina0710 View Post
Mine is def teething ... for a while a month ago he ate everything every time I gave it to him but now it's been horrible. I don't know what to do and it makes it harder that I work.

On the week days:
He eats a handful of pebbles for his first feeding. Then b/c Im not home, he doesn't eat his second feeding. Then I put it down for him when I get home from work and he eats another handful. At this point he's only eaten like 20 kibbles. Then for dinner he'll finish everything or almost. So at the end of the night he's only have about 1/4 cup of food not even (60-70 kibbles).

On weekends:
Same thing in the morning and for second feeding he'll eat a bit more but he eats the most at night ... again by the end of the day he might have only 1/4 cup of food.

Is it too little? I don't know how else to get him to eat normal!
I don't know if it's too little. Is he gaining, appropriately?

You could add some warm water and soften his kibble. Or, even add a good quality canned food to his diet, so that you know he is getting enough to eat.

I bought my girls some timed food dishes and I keep little frozen ice packs inside to keep the food from spoiling, if I know we will be away at mealtime.

I'll look up a link for them.

Sheila
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!