View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Default My Petzlife Gel Concerns

I had E-mailed Petzlife customer service about Lacy's hepatic lipidosis and my concern over the alcohol, and the owner of Petzlife - Bud Groth e-mailed me back and provided his phone number for me to call and talk with him. I called him this morning and spoke with him for about 20 minutes. VERY NICE MAN and from talking to him, you can tell he truly cares about the animals. He didn't give some automated company-type response but was very personable and said he was so glad I brought up my concern. He said he had spoken with the person that left the negative review posted on amazon in this thread, but they never did any follow up with him. He said he cannot guarantee that no dog or cat will be adversely affected by the product because each animal is an individual, but he truly feels like the product is very safe, as do many many vets who have used the product for their clients for years. He said the alcohol used is to keep the oils suspended in the gel and that the amount used is so minimal that most evaporates before it is even swallowed.

So...after speaking with him I really really doubt Petzlife led to Lacy's problem and I'm really sure the product is very safe. The amount of alcohol is so small. I am going to bring this up Saturday when I speak to Dr. Gordon and Dr. Davis, but I will probably keep using the product. I most likely will just use a very small amount a couple times a week and try to brush teeth with dog toothpaste every evening.

If any of you want to speak with Bud, PM me and I can give you his phone number. He also gave me a 10% discount code that I could pass along for the Petzlife website. It is APETZLIFE
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!