View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
Miao
No Longer a Member

I believe it wasn't too long ago when I read on a local craigslisting of a person who had gotten her thesis stolen (inside a bag in the car) along with her caged rabbit out of her car while she was inside a Wal-Mart shopping. I'm thinking the amateur thief didn't even look inside the cage and figured it must have been a cat or dog and was willing to wait until s/he got the booty home before determining its value. It must be a Wal-Mart thing.

This is another reason why I would never leave my girl in the car by herself. Times have gotten worse than they used to be, at least around here.

As for people helping themselves to petting my girl as if we human owners didn't exist, I've had little children and full grown adults do that. There was one late evening on a relatively quiet downtown night when all the retail shops have long been closed, my husband and I were walking our girl minding our own business. A not-all-there type of woman was window shopping and hovering around a certain store when she spotted our dog. She started going "ooooh"ing and "ahhh"ing and then I was watching her pull of her mitts as quickly as she could and was awkwardly trying to rearrange a couple of the bags she was carrying to free up her hands for the obvious, shuffling towards our direction as we walked right by and kept going. She started shouting out while following but at a slower pace than our speed walking, "Hey!" and then another "Hey! You there! Wait!" We just looked over our shoulder and gave her a "What the heck, are you kidding me??" Kind of look, and kept going... Not long after, as we were passing a bus stop on the same street, different block, there was a woman who had made the move to reach to pet our girl at the same time saying, "awwww" but we kept on going ignoring her and she spoke audibly enough for us to hear, "Is that a dog or more like a cockroach." And this was when she was a long and tall 5 lb'er. That was the same freaky night we ran into a guy bleeding from his head in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery twitching on the ground and while we were calling it in to the ambulance, he stumbled away leaning against vertical structures along the way.

I haven't gotten one who tried to steal her out of my hands yet, and definitely not one who'd approach our car to touch our baby, and I hope it stays that way. This city is full of crazy people!!
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!