View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I would definitely get your yorkie to a vet soon. Those are neurological symptoms and definitely not normal so something is going on. He needs a neurological exam and bloodwork done, including a pre & post meal bile acid test.

How long ago did you cat show these symptoms? Is it possible they could have been exposed to some kind of toxic substance? What do your yorkie's gums look like? Are they pink, yellow, pale pink, white?? Is he a picky eater or ever have vomitting or diarrhea? Has he ever had a urinary tract infection, bloody urine, or crystals or bladder stones?

With him being so small and being a yorkie, one thing I would suspect is a liver shunt or hepatic microvascular dysplasia. A bile acid test and blood chemistry should give you more information on how the liver is doing. Another thing it could be is something neurological. I know of a couple people with small yorkies that had atlanto-axial subluxation that put pressure on the spinal cord and caused neurological symptoms similar to what you are describing as well. And it's possible that there could be another neurological problem going on.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!