View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Smile I saw a video in YouTube

that helped me a lot. A groomer teaches how to brush, with what and how to work on the mats. I didn't want to pull on the hair to try to take the mat out, so in the video the lady uses a small scissor cutting downward. I can't explain it, you should see it. Search for dog grooming videos, she's an older, thin woman.
What got me was what she said groomers usually do (and I have seen it in grooming places but couldn't identify it until now), they PULL on the mats which hurts the puppy in order to hurry up (they don't want to spend the time). So, before bringing my little ones for their cuts, I make sure they have no mats (to avoid having to pull the groomer's hair to see how she likes it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathRich View Post
I thought of something else after I sent the message. The other thing that really helps is to brush once, pet him, brush again, pet etc. Alternate petting and brushing and he will relax and enjoy the process. Also with a puppy if the mats do get bad it is better to cut some of the mat out than to pull too hard. The hair will grow back. Hope this helps.
kionini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!