View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Texas_Angel
Yorkie Talker

Default Need help with potty training change

Hi Everyone,
I have a question about potty training my 10 month old, Tiffany. She has been doing great with outside training and hasn't had an accident in the house since November. The problem is I have to work longer hours now and can't go home during lunch time to let Tiffany out of her crate for a potty break. I tried the ex pen idea for the past two weeks - however, I can't get Tiff to pee on the pad. She usually just shreds it and pees and poos everywhere but the pad. I even tried wiping up her pee with the pad and she still won't use it. I even bought a washable pee pad and she still did not use it.

I don't know what I should do...i guess my only option is to give her more time to figure out the potty pad? Is there anything else i should be doing to help the process along. I've read on here that people cover the entire x pen area with the pads in the beginning and slowly remove one at a time. She seems to understand (so far) to hold it when I'm home and only go outside...so hopefully I won't confuse her.

Does anyone have any more ideas.....

Thanks for your help.
Texas_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!