Thread: milkbone
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
AvyQuinn
YT Addict

I bought a box of http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/produ...031191t400.jpg for Hiro when we got him. This was before I knew about all the bad stuff that goes into some dog foods/treats.

This is the ingredients of the bones I have sitting (almost untouched) on my cupboard.
(I put the bad/low quality stuff in italics and the ok stuff in bold. Now this is only what I've learned while I've been educating myself about food and realizing that my dog has a wheat allergy.)

Wheat Flour, Wheat Bran, Beef Meal and Beef Bone Meal, Poultry By-Product Meal, Beef Fat (Preserved with Tocopherols), Wheat Germ, Salt, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Bacon Fat (Preserved with BHT, Propyl-Gallate, and Citric Acid), Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Titanium Dioxide, Malted Barley Flour, Iron Oxide, Sodium Metabisulfite, Vitamins & Minerals (Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Carbonate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodie (Source of Iodine), Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Artificial Flavor (Source of Sausage Flavor), Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 6, Yellow 5

Here's a link you can peek at to know why I italicized what I did. I don't know much about all the big words in the middle of the list... but the fact that there isn't ONE (even ok) named meat source in the first 5 ingredients worried me enough to stop feeding them to Hiro. Damn hyperlink isn't working... it's Cat and dog food reviews and ratings, ingredients, information, all in a straight forward manner!

So. Long story short. No they're not very good.

Last edited by AvyQuinn; 03-02-2009 at 05:19 PM.
AvyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!