View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Teddy2shoes
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 Exercise my furbabies

Hello all! Since we live on a yacht with my three yorkies, there are some days where we just cannot get to shore for our typical romps through the grass or our long walks in the park. We have taught them to eliminate on the "poop" deck and we just rinse it down with the raw water washdown. However, I am always concerned that my babies aren't getting enough exercise when we are on the water. My little girl, Lillie, had put on a whole pound within a year of living on board! I was shocked! She is supposed to be about 4 lbs and was that weight for the past three years. She was over 5 lbs the last time we went to the vet and the vet was not happy with her weight gain. Living aboard has done her an injustice when it comes to being able to stretch her little paws as often as she obviously needs. I have since put her on a strict diet, increased our daily walks to slight jogging rendevous' ,reduced her treats to a minimum and only give her carrots and sugar snap peas for a snack. She has gotten rid of most of the extra weight but I am inclined to purchase a little treadmill to keep them all active on the "bad weather days" or when we can't go ashore. I was hoping that some of you out there may have had some experiences with your yorkies on a treadmill. Good or bad experiences would be helpful and any links to learn more about them would be appreciated. I am not looking to spend lots of money. I wanted to get something simple and small in size (since we do have limited space to store it). I am sure that my three babies will adjust nicely to treading once I introduce them to it. Any help would be appreciated! Mommy of Teddy, Lillie and Sofie
Teddy2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!