Thread: Parvo
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #10
NeedYorkieLuv
Yorkie Yakker

We have a Chihuahua that survived parvo. She didn't throw up but a few times but she was very lethargic. I was really shocked to get the diagnosis from the vet because she showed no signs that I had read about such as bloody diarrhea and all. The vet let us take the fluids home and administer them under her skin. He thought she would recover better being home with us. She was also on an antibiotic, Pepto Bismol, Pedialyte, and some stuff we sprinkled on her food to help her digest it better. This had to be the longest weekend of my life just watching her laying there so sick and poking that huge needle with fluids in her every 6 hrs was the worse, she wasn't even 2 lbs at that point. After 2-3 days she came around and was pretty much back to normal. We did have to keep her away from my others for a month. I used so much bleach. I bleached everything that she had been in contact with and I bleached her area she stayed in 2 times a day along with her food/water bowls & bleached her bedding daily too. It was alot of work but it's so worth it to have her here with us now. I hope your baby makes it through this! If she's up and getting around then I would say that's a good sign already.
NeedYorkieLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!