View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
143julz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Feeding I/D to a 8mo old??

Hello
I have posted back about 2 mo ago about my pup's poop situation. Where he can go 4 sometimes 5 x a day. (feeding straight Chicken Soup for Puppy's Soul) Starts out firm and as the day goes it becomes very loose.
So, fast forward to now, his vet about a month almost 2 months now has giving me a gallon size ziploc of Sicence Diet I/D. I have been doing 1/2 I/D and 1/2 Chicken Soup twice a day. Dudley loves the ID, in fact the past two weeks or so he has been picking out the I/D mostly and leaving the CS food. Before he never really had an issue NOT eating CS, he seems to like it as well but I/D more
I know I/D is not as "good" quality as CS, but the vet did tell me that some dogs system can not tolerate such "higher" quality of food. He felt maybe that was why his poops were that way.
I was hesitant at first about trying the I/D but it HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE in HIS POOP!!! He goes 2-3 time and we now have "tootie rolls" YEAH
My question is this, is it okay to feed I/D for a regualr diet? Is'nt I/D for true medicall diagnosis? I really want to buy a bag of it and continue to mix CS, but not sure if there are any long term effects of the I/D?
Please don't reply about the fact it isn't a TOP QUALITY FOOD, I KNOW THIS. I have tried many other quality foods since I've had him and all of them have had the same effets on his poop. I/D has taken care of this problem....I just want to know if there is anyone out there with any concerns to feeding I/D without a true medical diagnosis....THANKS
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!