Thread: Parvo
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
tinyterriers
Donating YT Addict

Default Parvo

I had a litter of pups and we kept one, she was 14 months old,had all her shots and one morning she was acting very strange, she was bleeding from her bum just a little, so I rushed her to the vet and the vet said they were going to do some tests and to call in a few hrs, when I called back i was told she had parvo, I was shocked because she had all her shots a nd I had 5 other dogs here, I said to the vet which they new because thay had all her records right in the computer, how did she get this having all her shots,he said some puppies like to dig in the dirt, which she did and even with the shot when they are young they can get it.It ws 50/50 chance she would survive, they had her there for a week, before she could come home, every crate had to be washed down with straight bleach, all bedding washed and had to keep her away from the other dogs,what a mess I was in knowing I had 5 more dogs here. Well, anyway she pulled thru and everything turned out well, I kept her away from the other dogs for a week, basically kept her in a crate and took her out the front door away from the other dogs.She got fine and no other dog got it.so she did survive, and she was very sick,so hang on to hope, they can make it.
tinyterriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!