View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
NakedPetals
Yorkie Talker

Question Puppy sleeps in bed/Sleeps in crate...???

Hi all,

I was just wondering if I am doing the right thing by letting my 12 week old puppy sleep in bed with me at night... And when we have to leave him at home by himself in the morning max 4-5 hours each day, we leave his crate in the kitchen with plenty of food, water, toys, pee pads...

is letting him sleep in bed with me and sometimes making him sleep in the crate giving him mixed training signals?

Am I confusing him? Should I just stick to the crate? Or just let him sleep in my bed with me? I don't mind either way is okay with me. I just don't want him to be confused or cause any bad behavior problems later in his life. Or when can I let him sleep in bed with me, like when will he be done with crate training? I am very confused. He has still not been potty trained and he pees in his crate next to his bed when I leave him in there overnight.

He ofc love's sleeping in bed with me, he is sometimes okay being in the crate, cries and whines a little bit, but falls asleep later on.

Could someone please give me any tips or suggestions with pros and cons???? ANY suggestions will be very helpful

Last edited by NakedPetals; 03-02-2009 at 02:32 AM.
NakedPetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!