View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
C C Kent
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch774 View Post
Thank You for starting this fourm.

I have been breeding for many years. But this is the first time at yorkies. I have learned alot. Asked Lots of questions. In fact I have a question now. I have a male (Jack) who is blue/gold and he is registered with "American Pet registery" and a female AKC regular colors. well I am going to breed them when she is 2-years old now she just turned 1-. Any way my question is when she has puppies where do you put them. I know a safe place quiet, and all I have 3-older schnauzers who have been fixed and will not hurt anybody.

My options are the closet, washroom, but then she is away from us and all alone. My schnauzers were no probleum they did not care who came around and you could pick up the puppies some of the post have said not to touch them and the female would bite you or be very protective of her babies. So hope this makes sense.

Can you help me?

thanks
Cheryl

We put the playpen we use for the mom and puppies in our room. I want to be able to hear the little ones nurse in the night and cry if they need anything. We have one mom that is protective so we keep her separate till the puppies are older. The others don't want to be bothered for a few days but after about a week or so they are ready to be out where everyone else is. Then we move them right out into the living room. If you put her somewhere she isn't happy with I think you'll be able to tell right away.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!