View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
MntSnowBabies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMom90 View Post
I am registering my little boy, Prosper, with AKC. He came with the puppy reg. application from the breeder. He is still black/gold as he is only 11 weeks. Should I register him as black and gold or should I register him as blue/gold since that is what color his parent's are? Or should I just wait and see what color he ends up being? I would really like to register him now...
Thanks for your time!

My little girl looked like that till she was four months ( I shaved her since it was summer and she had the starting of the blue coming in). I registered her as what the breeder had marked on her puppy application and she is indeed the bl/gld. I would say from looking at him (not an expert here, just my opinion) he looks as if he will be the bl/gld color of his parents. You should be able to see at his age a change of color at the roots of his hair on his back (getting lighter). I noticed that his hair seemed lighter on his legs under the black, and his head seemed to be lightening up. But like I said I am no expert, and I am just giving my opinion. Good luck with any advice you will recieve from the experienced breeders on here. They will be able to tell you for sure!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!