View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #17
MntSnowBabies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch774 View Post
Thank You for starting this fourm.

I have been breeding for many years. But this is the first time at yorkies. I have learned alot. Asked Lots of questions. In fact I have a question now. I have a male (Jack) who is blue/gold and he is registered with "American Pet registery" and a female AKC regular colors. well I am going to breed them when she is 2-years old now she just turned 1-. Any way my question is when she has puppies where do you put them. I know a safe place quiet, and all I have 3-older schnauzers who have been fixed and will not hurt anybody.

My options are the closet, washroom, but then she is away from us and all alone. My schnauzers were no probleum they did not care who came around and you could pick up the puppies some of the post have said not to touch them and the female would bite you or be very protective of her babies. So hope this makes sense.

Can you help me?

thanks
Cheryl

Where does your baby girl feel most comfortable in your home? Where does she hide when something bothers her? My little girl (just 10 months)will hide under my bed usually, and thats her favorite place to chew on my son's toys. I have my nursery (due in 4 weeks) as my place for my girl when I breed her, it gives her a room that will be closed off from other pets and kids (I babysit so I have a gate the goes in the doorway).

From everything I have researched and read on this forum is to start getting her used to a whelping box a couple of weeks before her whelping date. I would suggest putting her in a place like washroom (gives her some room and lots of privacy). When she starts to whelp the litter you will be with her constantly and for the next few weeks so she won't be so lonely. But what do I really know. I'm a newbie to. I'm just giving you my opinion of what I would do. Hope this helps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!