View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Darn it... I was really hoping for the answer, "oh, mine stopped eating everything after about a year old." Or better yet, "Yeah, after they're done teething, the vacuum cleaner problem seems to disappear." So much for that, lol!

I should have known there would be a wide variety in the suctioning quality of our furry little vacuums. I'll still hold out some hope though, that as Nikko gets older, he'll stop eating as many rocks - it has gradually been getting a bit better over the last couple of months, so hopefully he can keep going with that trend.

We do "drop it" which usually works, but doesn't keep him from picking up the dumb stuff to begin with, and obviously then doesn't work if we're not around to say it. Quicksilver brought up a good point - it is probably partially our fault that he vacuums things off the ground because we used to feed him his kibble by tossing it across the kitchen floor for him to chase, and now we often put his kibble in a kong or toilet paper tube which he knocks around and chews on until the kibbles drop out onto the floor for him to eat.

I suppose I should just be thankful that he doesn't have any interest in chewing on power cords, TV remotes, or carpet. Hopefully he'll survive a few rocks and twigs, and the occasional bugs and moths (he caught one today out of mid-air!).

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!