View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Default The Perfect Puppy Pad Tray?

Here's the dilly: Thor is now using the puppy pad in my living room reliably. However, I don't think he has any idea how to differentiate between a rug and a pad. I think he happens to use the one in the living room because I put him on it so many times that he id'd it as a safe spot to go.

He hasn't used any of the other pads in my apartment, or the one at work. I think maybe it's beyond his little doggy senses to figure out what uniquely identifies a puppy pad.

I'd like to find a way he can confidently id the pad as "this is a place to do my business". I'm thinking particularly if I travel, I don't want him picking somewhere random in a friend's house or a hotel room. I'd also like to move the pads in my apartment to less prominently displayed areas.

I tried buying grass-scented pads, but they don't smell any different to me. That's not to say they don't smell different to Thor, but he doesn't seem to notice a difference.

The only other thing I can think of is to make the surface feel different by putting something underneath it, like a tray. Ideally, I'd like something that I can fold into a shape small enough to fit into my luggage.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Last edited by QuickSilver; 02-28-2009 at 01:42 PM.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!