Thread: Stink Bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
SweetViolet
Donating YT Addict

I don't like bugs. I am marginally tolerant of a few (ladybugs, preying mantises, dragonflies, some butterflies...that's about it) but for the most part, I consider them horrifying.

I got the shock of my life when I moved to South Africa. I don't know what it is, but the bugs here are aggressive and they are HUGE! I now have an exterminator on speed dial on my cell, and he comes out and sprays my house twice a year. The roaches here are big enough to put saddles on...and they run AT you in broad daylight!! We have a thing here called a rain spider that looks like a daddy long legs crossed with a hairy wolf spider, and they are about 4" in diameter! Then there is the baboon spider that is the size of a toddler's hand and has fangs .5 cm long that eats mice and birds...and is poisonous!

Add huge mosquitoes and flies that fly under your glasses and try to fly up your nose or into your eyes, and you can see how challenging the insect population here is.

Stink bugs are nasty, but wouldn't you rather have them than spiders that eat mammals and birds??

I'm just wondering what Puddin' is going to do when she finds them!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!