Thread: Eating poop!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl16 View Post
Hi my Yorkie hasn't got this problem but Archie, my Cairn has. It's not a problem with him trying to eat his or strange dogs but he wants to eat our other dogs poop. I did ask a dog trainer and he just said get it up straight away (no I would never have thought of that one....) Obviously we do try and clean it up straight away but I've had to keep Archie on a lead if I'm letting him outside in the garden and check all the time in case there is anything. I'd love to be able to let him out like the others without having to worry about it.

I'll try the pineapple thing with the other dogs.

As it's just our other dogs that he has the problem with I've read the problem can sometimes be protecting the pack and hiding the scent of the pack.
Sometimes the answers that you get make your head want to spin No fooling you should pick it up but that isn't stopping the poop eating. I think since your issue is eating everyone else's poop in your house I would try the pumpkin mixed into their food. Use straight canned pumpkin in all of their food. Just mix about a tablespoon into each of their food bowls and add a little warm water just enough to make a very thick gravy. This will probably a cheaper and easier solution for you because yours is eating the other dogs poop. You can even do the pineapple too. Maybe something like pumpkin in their morning bowls and a piece or two of pineapple during the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!