View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Subject: Oregon ~ HB 2470 ~ An excellent summary of the 2/23/09 hearing Talented Animals Blog » Oregon HB2470 First Legislative Session Summary

I thought this was pretty informative on what goes on at the hearings.
You know me, I HATE big government legislation. With all the mill busts, it looks like the current laws are doing just fine. The sentencing is a little lax, the penalty not severe enough. Why is it necessary for MORE legislation? Do we really need more fees and fines? Big Brother watches us too much already. It will never end until there will be no more breeders good or bad.
I agree that I don't want more of Big Brother - we seem to be at an all time high for this on everything in our country right now. But on the same hand what would you recommend happen to help shut down these mills?

I did like the thread that I posted about what the Ark. Gov. signed into law, because I think this could cover most puppy mills. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...ls-felony.html

And I would certainly like to see the penalties increased drastically - personally I think it should be no different than if you are abusing or neglecting your children (and I have worked in social services - so no one lecture me on how animals & children are 2 different things)

But what as a breeder would you like to see happen? I do not want to see show breeders or even those breeding to better the breed even for pet homes to be put out of business - but where do you draw the line?

I think we live in a sick society that has allowed it to get this bad. Dogs are not a commodity.

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 02-28-2009 at 11:58 AM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!