Old 02-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 049 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieKatesMom View Post
Dear SophieKate,

This is me your Mommy writing, SophieKate we need to talk. As much as I love you (and I do love you) we need to come to an understanding on a few things.

1. SophieKate, you are a Terrier not a Spaniel - what this means is you do NOT have to walk through every mud puddle.

2. You do NOT need to play in the water running along the curb. as Spring approaches you will see this often, it is okay if you take a quick gander but when it is pouring and we are getting drenched make it just that...a gander.

3. Mom would prefer if you would poop outside, as we have discussed. Now with the rainy season approaching you need to keep this in mind, poop outside on regular scheduled walks.

4. Also SophieKate when you see a flock of Canadian Geese flying over head "honking" that is not a call of the wild for you take off and chase them-- honest. Also remember attached to that other end of that leash is me, the Homeowners Association does not appreciate me running down the sidewalk at 5:00 am yelling your name.

I understand you have Spring fever, we all do SophieKate but every incident listed above happened between the hours of 4:00 am and - 7:00 am today. As I sit here watching you nap on your warm, fuzzy fleece in your "cool" puppy crate I am reminded again how much I love you.

Let's hope this nap is a "reboot" to your day and not just a rest between our next big adventure outside.

Thank you for your time SophieKate.

Love,

Mommy (the person who gives you treats)

Dear Mommy -

I love you too! You are the best mommy in the whole world. I am happy to have the opportunity to clear up a few things:

1. Mud puddles - if I don't walk through them, who will? I'm sad to hear that you do not take this responsibility as seriously as I do. It's not that I enjoy mud puddles. It is the principle.

2. Running water - we are already wet, what's in one more stream going to do?

3. Why do you get to poop inside and I don't? This seems discriminatory.

4. I'm glad you brought this up, because we need to discuss this whole "leash" idea. I'm not sure who told you that I need to be on a leash, but I assure you, I do not. Think about it - with no leash, I would be able to chase the geese, and your arm would not get yanked. Doesn't this make more sense for both of us?

I'm looking forward to having lots more fun with you once I've recharged a little bit. By the way, there is no need to store the treat box up on the counter. Please place it on the floor, opened. I promise I will only eat as many as necessary.

I love you! I love you! I love you!

Love,

SophieKate
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!