View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Confused

Hi all,

Oh m god!!! Thank heavens for this thread. I have two little ones, one is 9 months and the other 23 months. Both about 2-2 1/2 lbs. Neither of them is potty trained, and it's not their fault either. When I got my older one, she was 11 months old and the breeder never potty trained her. When I first got her, my 16 yo Merlin was dying, and so was a little piece of me, so he really got most of my attention and i kind of ignored potty training until he passed. Then shortly after that we acquired a rescue, Muffin, at 4 months. I was taking them to puppy training classes when the roof fell in at my house, and then my mom got lung cancer, so we were living in a motel for months, our whole schedule distrupted, and then we were dealing with the lung cancer, so everything else fell aside. Now we are finally back in the house, mom is recovering from surgery and appears to be somewhat stable at this time, so it's back to potty training. Whew!

Well I just purchased a covered dog run so I can leave them loose without a leash and they can be protected and run and have fun together. I just started with them this morning with treats because Muffin just recovered from spaying. When I woke them up and took them outside I gave them lots of treats and lots of praise for making wee and poo outside. I was looking for bells that they could ring to tell me they have to go. I saw it mentioned on here but I'm a little lost. Where do I go to get those potty bells?

Also, our house is very big. They are primarily in my room and have been messing up my bedroom rug and bathroom at various times. Sometimes they would go on the potty pads, and sometimes they wouldn't. Our kitchen/family room faces the outside backyard where their run is. The sliders in the kitchen go out to the back yard. What do you suggest to transition them from potty pads and my rug, to the outside run? Should I keep them in the kitchen/family room? Should I give them run of the house? It is such a long way from my bed room to the ouside sliders, I just don't know what to do...Should I keep potty pads in the kitchen? Should I continue to keep them in my room, since they don't have run of the house yet? Very confused and welcoming all responses. Sorry for such a long long post, but with two little ones, I am pulling the hair out of my head!!! Help. The plan is to take them out after each meal. Thanks for being there-WHEW!
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!