View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
MntSnowBabies
Senior Yorkie Talker

There is not much you can do right now except wait. Don't take this the wrong way its the same thing I have been told. Do you think that there was a tie? Was the female responsive to the male? If so watch for her belly to expand, increased eating, as well as possible movements. There could be some slight swelling in the tummy area, vulva, as well as raised nipple, during a false pregnancy so make sure that you take her to the vet around 45 days from bringing him home (if there's a good chance a tie could have happened without you knowing) to do an ultrasound to see if she is with pup.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a female in her first heat (I'm thinking she's around days 4-7, hope I caught it soon enough ), and I noticed it after I got home from vacation, but they were pinned together while I was gone because my husband was working long days. So I am keeping them seperated and will be keeping a close eye on her for awhile just in case. I got some good advise from Woogie Man and BJH on my thread, but it basically states what I have said above.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!