View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntSnowBabies View Post
Thanks for the post yorkiekist, and for being brave enough to share your program to those who don't have one!

Not only was your story insightful but very intertaining. I have to admit that I once too thought that buying a dog with champion lines would give me a champion but I quickly learned that wasn't the case when I recieved my males paperwork. Most of his lineage is bl/gld with a few blk/gld thrown in (2 on mother, and 2 on father) and he came out looking just like his daddy(blk/gld). Check out my pics! I am hoping that he will throw a good bl/gld puppy with a silky coat, as my dams bl/gld coat is cottony. I wasn't plannning on showing either one of my two I have now, but I was hoping to see what quality of pup they will produce (maybe a show potential), that I may find a show potential male to breed to.
I dont worry too much about a dog being registered blk/gld as alot of breeders mark that color because the puppies are that color at first. My champion is registered as blk/gld and he is blue/tan. I did know a well known breeder back in the 80's who had a blk/gld dog(not a champ, but champ sired) who produced 6 champions and they were all blu/tan. I dont know how many blk/gld he produced though. So dont give up!!
I wish that the newbie breeders would read my story and think twice about breeding. They need to really think what they are doing. If they only knew what I have learned over the years. I wish I could have had the opportunity for education and experience before I started. I wouldnt have gone through soooooo much heart-ache. Its too bad that way back then the exhibitor breeders were rude, stand-offish and selfish. Or thats how I percieved them at that time. Remember that at that time I was in my 20's and I could have been a little more sensitive than I am now. But they didnt seem to welcome newbies at all. I always felt I was on the outside looking in.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!