Thread: Eating poop!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C101Yorkie View Post
Thanks guys. I suggested these to my uncle. Do you know how long after giving the pineapple or bananas it takes for them to stop eating the poop?
You can also try pumpkin or spinach too. It does take a few days for the poop eating to stop but it really does work. Anyone that says it doesn't is either not giving enough quantity or time for it to work its way through their system. The one thing that you have to do first is make sure that your the amount that you are feeding is sufficiant enough to change the taste. Then you need to give it a few days to actually work. I have given this advice to people many times and they will come back the next day and say that it doesn't work. It will take a little time. Nothing is immediate no matter what you do in life~including eating poop! I would also have to agree with Wylies Mom that a food lower in grains will also help. If you look in this section their is also another pretty long thread about poop eating. Take a look at that too. There is other good advice too AND Nancy1999 gives a good explanation as to why they stop eating it. I have also read that some times puppies do this because they saw their mom doing it when they were really small to clean up their messes. I found that very interesting too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!