View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
babybuddy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley2009 View Post
Thank you for your reply, yes we have caught harley doing it every single time since we don't really let him walk all over the house and always watch him, what we usualy do is make him smell the pee then put him on that pad and tell him he's been a bad boy, we also bought a arm and hammer oxy clean spray that we wash the stains on the carpet with. What really ticks me off is tha fact that he was so good and now he's back to 0 preaty much.

Thanks!!
I know that it's frustrating...most yorkie owners will tell you that potty training is very difficult...and I think that goes for all breeds in the beginning. Don't get frustrated...just be consistent. Praise Harley a ton when he goes on the pad...and always stop him right away by saying "NO" then pick him up and place him on the pad. Do you make him smell the pee that is on the carpet and then place him on the pad? If so, you may be reinforcing him to pee on the carpet. Just pick him up when you catch him and place him on the pad, but don't make him smell his mistake....and also absorb the pee spot with a pad that he will use. Another thing I did with my Buddy was when I caught him in the act, I would stop him by saying "NO", pick him up, place him on the pad( we keep ours in the bathroom, and then place myself in the bathroom door so that he had no other place to go..and just waited. Once he went...lots and lots of praise and a treat. I know that you feel like you are starting from square one...I've been there too! Also, I use a product from PetOrganics called No Go on pee spots once they've been cleaned...you can find it at PetSmart. Hang in there!
babybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!