View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Fashionlady
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcybaby View Post
Hello and Welcome to YT
I can imagine what is it for you to watch her like that and b/c we had a similar problem a month ago Just Want to tell you to be brave and try whatever you can to put her back in shape.
What the vets said ? Is she vomits right after she eats or bit later. Is she throwing up her food or is it a liquid (what color) ?
You can check on the bag of her food is there a citric acid ingredient, if yes the added water is not good (it has to do with some reaction in their tummies)
These Babies sometimes throw up if they eat more and/or when they are hungry.
Cerenia is a good drug (we use it too ) but if is not working for Sophie there is no point giving it to her.
How old is she and how much she weights?
I’m no expert and hope someone with more knowledge will answer to your post .

The Vet seems to to think it is going to take a while to find the right food for her. and that the food is making her tummy upset. And she did blood work and said that her that everything looks good. she is healthy. She is throwing up a hour or 2 after she eats. and it is her food nothing esle no blood or yellow stuff.she's 2 1/2 years old she weights 6 1/2 pds.
i have noticed if she has not eaten in a day that she will pig out and that will make her sick. i give her a little food at a time to see how she does. if she is ok for and hour or so i give her a liitle more and so on. Today she is just not eating at all. i think her tummy is upset. the vet said when she throws she is hunrgy and whats to eat but her tummy is upset so she won't eat or will eat to much and throw up. her sugar is not low at this point today. i watch her for that. She did that when she was a puppy so I know what to look for. i will give her just the treats if that is all she will eat to stop that from happening. she is drinking her water.
Fashionlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!