View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
WalnutHill
♥ Catherine My Love ♥
Donating Member

Default USDA licensing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Here's a list of breeders who are on the AKC suspension List. Many of these breeders have turned to alternative registries, and some breeders have never even been associated with the AKC. AKC suspension index

Here's a list of USDA breeders. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_wel...rt_holders.txt I would avoid everyone on the list who is selling dogs, this usually indicates a large scale operation i.e. puppy mill.

Just because someone isn't on either of these lists, it doesn't mean that they are a good breeder; you could easily change the name of you kennel.

You can do a search on YT in Breeder reviews. Breeder, Vet, & Groomer Reviews - YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community Here's a link to tips to buying a Yorkie. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/fea...ml#post2456681

I always recommend that a person go to the Yorkshire Terrier Club America (YTCA) website for breeder referrals. The YTCA is the mother club of the AKC and sets the standard for the yorkie. Even though you are not planning to breed or show, YTCA breeders offer some gorgeous dogs at competitive prices, because they are more interested in finding the proper home for their offspring than making money from their dogs. They are dedicated to bettering the breed. Here is a link to referrals Yorkshire Terrier Club of America About The Club

From what I understand, anyone with 3 intact females is supposed to be USDA licensed and inspected.

Why is licensing a bad thing? Would you go to a restaurant that isn't inspected by the health department? I keep hearing how being licensed is not desirable. I'm just curious as to why.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!