View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
SweetViolet
Donating YT Addict

Default Does it taste better from the shoe??

Puddin' doesn't seem to be terribly fond of her kibble. I'm keeping her on the same stuff the breeder had her on for now, and at her next vet visit (March 6) will consult on changing. I'd ask for recommendations, but I am in Africa and our access to premium foods is limited (we have Hills and Eukanuba but I don't think much else).

So, with her indifference to her kibble, I've been trying to find ways to make it more attractive. She's not very impressed with the puppy kong toy, so putting it in there has no effect. She'll take it from my fingers, but I don't want her to get into the habit of being hand-fed.

A couple of days ago I bought a "puppy pack" of rawhide chew things. In that pack was a crude "shoe" made of dried rawhide, about the size of a toddler's shoe. She went wild over the thing! I put a couple of treats in it and she wrestled and rolled with it until she could get the treats out. I put a few kibble pellets in it, and she did the same!

So now, in addition to keeping kibble in her food bowl, I am putting it in this shoe. Are Yorkies more interested in foods they have to "work" for? My Maltese expect it to be delivered in a bowl and left for their leisurely demolition...Puddin' seems to be completely bored by a bowl of passive food!

Last edited by SweetViolet; 02-25-2009 at 10:29 PM.
SweetViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!