View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
WalnutHill
♥ Catherine My Love ♥
Donating Member

Cry Ugh!

There are a couple of things I have to say here - I live in Missouri and there are countless Puppy Mills within a short drive of me. It's horrible and disgusting. There have been times I have been at the vet with one of my babies, and one of these millers came in with 6 puppies stuffed in an undersized crate - stuffed so full that the handle on the travel crate broke and the puppies dropped to the floor! It was awful! The lady didn't even blink, just pushed the crate to the side with her foot and walked up to the counter. Within seconds the entire office stank of feces. I nearly threw up in my mouth.

Anyway, sorry about that rant. But, around here where I live, just about everyone sells to HUNTE. Not us, of course, but years ago my dad sold some to Hunte. They don't check out the breeders other than their licensing. They don't give breeders any incentive to do a good job.... and they certainly don't pay breeders a fair price, which is why "good" breeders won't sell to them. They want to buy Yorkie puppies for $75 to $300 each..... a good breeder can't raise a puppy for $300 - but a puppy mill can (the ones that survive, anyway).

Also, I heard a while back that a semi-truck of Hunte puppies going to the east coast caught on fire, and all of the puppies died from smoke inhalation. Make you want to cry? God I hope so. DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!