View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Cry Pippi is "coughing" - need help?

Pippi, my Mini Dachshund, has been making a coughing noise for the past few hours now. It's almost like she is trying to hack something up - sort of like a cat would make a hacking noise if it had a hairball. I don't think she is feeling well either because she isn't acting as hyper as she normally does. She also had a tiny bit of loose, runny stool - but not alot. She wouldn't eat her dry food so I gave her some canned food and she gobbled it up. Tomorrow I am going to go get some chicken breast and rice and give her that since it is easier on the stomach.

I took a video of her so that you all can see the noise that she is making. Sorry that the video is so dark, but I had to move her out into the garage because Stedman wouldn't leave her alone. The noise she is making drives him crazy. Excuse the garage floor - we have been panting and there is white (dried) paint everywhere...we still have to re-paint the garage floor itself.

Anyway, here is the video: Pippi 2/25/09 at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, MySpace slideshows, MySpace codes, free video sharing, video montages. - I am wondering if I should try and induce vomiting with Hydrogen Peroxide? I know you aren't supposed to induce if there is a sharp object that is lodged, but I honestly do not think there is. She hasn't eaten anything like that - I just don't know what could cause her to be making this awful hacking noise? I feel so terrible and want to help her

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!