Thread: Is corn bad??
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

I suppose for those who don't believe that dogs digest grain and only like grain free, yes corn is bad. However, I don't mind feeding grain and corn is a good source of energy and linoleic. It may be cheap but I don't think that that automatically makes it bad. If Ellie wasn't allergic to it, I would consider it as her carb source. The commercial foods that contain corn tend to be the ones that contain unnamed meat products and questionable preservatives though, so I would avoid it if you are feeding a commercial food for that reason alone.

When talking about it being an allergen, veterinary dermatologists report beef, wheat and dairy products just as often if not more so.

I'm not sure where the, "The first four ingredients have to be meat or good grains" is coming from because what is the definition of a good grain? It is important to look at the final analysis and not just the ingredients. Protein can come from non-animal sources and show up in the guaranteed analysis and that doesn't necessarily make it a bad food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!