View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #60
rebecca127
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedmansmommy View Post

My advice is this - find a food that she seems to really love and eat the MOST at one time. Once you find that food, STICK WITH IT. *Do not* give her a new/different food 3 or 4 days after she stops eating the other food. You have to let her know that her pickiness is not going to get her whatever she wants. Once you find a food that she seems to enjoy, stay with that exact food and leave it down where it is accessible to her 24/7 and do not take it up. Once she knows that this is ALL she will be given, she will learn that she has to eat it when shes hungry because nothing else is going to be given to her. Trust me, after a while, she will catch on and get the hang of it and she WILL eat when her little tummy tells her that enough is enough of being hungry. It worked like a charm with my Stedman and he was the pickiest dog I had ever seen in my entire life. He would even turn down HUMAN FOOD - now what the heck kind of dog actually turns down HUMAN FOOD when you offer it to them? Not many.

Good luck with your baby girl. And by the way, I feed Natural Balance Potato & Duck Small Bites (it is Grain Free and is great for allergies as well, which my Tatum has) - and my Stedman really seems to love this food. He was a little picky with it at first, but now he eats it really well
Dear Steadmansmommy:

I COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!!! She has gone to the point of refusing human food tooo!!!!! grilled skirt steak!!!!! who the hell says no to that..... sometimes i am so amazed about the things she doesnt like!!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!