View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
yogini75
Yorkie Yakker

Angry PUPPY BROKERS!!!! LAMBRIAR and HUNT

I was wondering why no one ever discusses puppy brokers in the PUPPY MILL discussions. It seems that many of these pet stores either LIE or just don't really understand. These pet stores swear up and down they do not purchase from Puppy Mills, and in fact many of them do not. Apparently there are TWO major Puppy Brokers Lambriar and HUNT. These are the puppy "transporters". These brokers DO buy from the puppy mills. And then sometimes these little puppies, ripped from there mommies way too young, spend days sometimes weeks in large trucks being transported across the country! IT IS SICKENING! I bought my baby 3 years ago. After he got sick quickly, I began to do alot of research, including calling the National Humane Society and learned just how this works. I tracked down my "breeder" who told me he sold the puppy to Lambriar for $400. Well I paid $2000 because there are so many middle men in the process. While it is critical to continue raising awareness about puppy mills, it is also imperative to expose this part of the business linking the puppy mills to the pet stores. In addition, the government allows certain Puppy breeders to be USDA approved. What I learned is these "backyard breeders" are perhaps one step above the "traditional puppy mills. This is a huge business!!! Unfortunately, I learned the hard way. There is a lemon law in most states which says you can get your money back from the Pet store and you can keep the dog! I didn't know that, and there was no way I was giving Nobu back. Our vet bills have been astronomical, but the love I have for him makes it all worth it. I made the mistake of walking into a pet store, without an intention of purchasing a dog....BIG MISTAKE! We MUST stay our of the PET STORES all together, and the public must be educated on theses MIDDLE MEN! They too deny having ties to puppy mills! LIES!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!