View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #25
rebecca127
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRkiE Te aMo View Post
we have been successful with homecooking..our little one eats what we eat ..when we eat...real food ...no preservatives, fresh foods...several times a day...and there is no begging going on, as he is buzy eating too...they like variation and it is good as per the nutrients they need...
he gets a little of this and that it adds up to about half a cup of food a day..
snax are fruits...blueberrie, cherrie, apple, orange, tangerine..not alot just a little ...
yogurt and cheese but not processed cheese ...
even a little milk is better than an empty stomach on these little ones...

morning : a one inch peice of precooked beef chopped up with a small spoon of yogurt and a couple of blueberries..

lunch : half inch peice of riccota cheese or a boccincini cheese ball with a one inch square of bran bread

dinner :
chicken breast, beef (no fat) very lean ground meat (nothing fried)fish,tuna,salmon and a shrimp or two...

rice or pasta or potatoes or yams..
ours can not tolerate potatoe ( many are allergic to them )

veggies: tomatoes, broccoli, kale,snow peas, green beans, red cabbage, bok choy,zuccini, peas.

herbs: Parsley(great for nice white teeth) oregano, sage, rosemary .just a touch of some or each (we only use the rosemary occassionally) but the others daily..

the ratio is one third of each... for dinner depending on the size of ur little one ..about one eighth to a quarter cup of the mix...

for digestive problems and the best poops ..home style bran bread is great make little squares as a treat with a dap of butter..
a friend had a dog with colitis and needed meds..well those were replaced with the bran bread treats and he did great..better than the meds and no side effects

i was given this information by a vet in France ...
In Italy the dog food is a bag of pasta with the meat sauce dried and u add water and cook it and voila ! the dogs love it ...

now that is what our dog eats and he loves it and is healthy at 11 years and we also eat this...we cook for us and he gets too...
who could look at a bag of dry kibble and think that is edible?
so why would u think ur little one would !
** She gets diaherria if she eats Pasta**

She loves fruits and carrots. But the prob no one is home during the day to give her that. My mom is the one that fills her up with fruits when she gets home. But my thing is she needs to eat in the morning before i leave to work and when i come from work.

Plus home cooking everyday is not good because by the time i finish its like 7 pm and that is a long time for her to wait (i get home at 6:15)... Plus her tummy doesnt take to reheated food... I always get the runny poop a couple of hours later... That is why if i do homecook i make it fresh...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!