View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I've never heard of a UTI, causing excessive thirst. Is the vet sure of this? While frequent urination often occurs, due to bladder irritation and discomfort, the amount is often minimal, and so the thirst isn't affected. Have they ruled out diabetes, which causes both excessive thirst and urination? Also, diabetes lowers the resistance to other things, and infections are more likely to occur. Best of luck with the biopsy.
We aren't really sure that it is causing the polydipsia but it can be a symtpom: Pfizer Animal Health Dogs Health Management

I hope that link works.

I am hoping it isn't stones.
I am also wondering if the polydipsia is related to her gastrointesinal issues but they started at different times. If the antibiotics don't clear up the drinking problem, we will go farther with diagnostics (probably just blood work and if there is any question about the urine...diagnostic imaging). I had no idea Ellie was peeing more though. I am thinking she has been going on the carpet more than what I've caught and her puddles may be bigger...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!