View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #15
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidynsdog View Post
last night we tried something different than having them sleep in their crate. we have been using an old playpen in the living room when we cant always watch them. that way they have a little bit of room to move around and can be with each other. so last night i let them both sleep in the playpen together, i woke up at 230am to let them (mainly him) out to go, then put them back in the playpen and actually woke up to my alarm clock at 630am instead of diamond barking his brains out. so it sounds like he's been barking because of needing to go out. so as much as it sucks having to get up now in the middle of the night i guess im going to have to do this now on. we have guests coming in this weekend and i was trying to figure something out so the dogs dont the barking this weekend while they are here visiting.
Glad it was more peaceful - hopefully they found comfort in being together too. As he gets a bit older, he should be able to hold it longer. So hopefully it won't be too long that you have to do this. Also, I don't believe in withholding water, but I know some people will pick up the water a half hour or so before bed, which may buy you a bit more time if he is drinking late at night. But I think it takes time to change some of those patterns, and I believe water is so important to their overall health. Dehydration can be a dangerous thing.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!