View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love

I'm so glad you were able to finally get it done! I know it's difficult though. I teared up when I went to pick Lola up after being spayed. She was so out of it and lethargic and letting out these little whimpers. Made me so sad. However, the next day she was completely back to normal!!

She definitely had a lot of bruising as well...it took a few days to go away, but don't be worried. Did they stitch him up, or use the glue?? Also, don't freak out if you notice little bumps (I think it's called Keyloids??). That happened to Lola and she was totally fine.

The first day, they're usually on tons of pain meds, so don't think they feel too much pain. I think it's the anesthesia that really affects them the most.

I'm SOOO glad everything went well!! The worst part is over with! Now just cuddle him, and pet him, and he'll be great!! It's definitely important to prevent a lot of activity for 2 weeks. It's hard, but necessary. Also, that's great you're on top of the licking as well....the night time was the hardest for me to get Lola to not lick because I was sleeping and wasn't aware of it.

Good luck!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!