View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
MntSnowBabies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Make sure you have all supplies readily available and your Vet's number near by. If you can make sure you have the numbers of experienced breeders. Write everything down. And don't panic.

I have Terri Schumski's how to buy and raise a healthy dog close by.....great stuff on whelping.
Have Goat's Milk with equal parts of distilled water, 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of Karo Syrup ready for mom.

Nutra Drops for pups (administer a drop onto the pups gums when they're born) also great for mom if you find her lagging.

That is great advise. Thank you. I have all my supplies all ready to go (except replacement milk), even though my little girl is only going through her first heat now (just so I am prepared).

I have also heard that if you can't have someone with you for you to stay calm (like many have said) and have a good book or movie to curl up with through the long nights that could be coming. It helps keep you distracted during the down times, and is easy enough to ignor when the big event starts happening. Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!