View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Question Wellness Core Ocean Forumula kibble - need input about, experience

I started feeding Roxy & Bubba Wellness Core Ocean Forumula kibble For Dogs - Grain-Free, Protein-Focused Formulas a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure I am happy with it. What has your experience been?

Briefly their food journey - fed Innova - really liked everything about this product, but began noticing they were both licking their paws - Roxy more so, Switched to Merrick's Before Grain, because suspected the licking was due to the grains - they were on this for a few mths, but still saw some licking - that was the Buffalo and chicken formula. Roxy at this point was the only one licking - so is it food allergies, boredom or habit The pet store, suggested trying the Wellness Core Ocean - as it is the only grain free that is also free of chicken, at least that they carry (and they have a huge selection of top products)

They have the Ocean formula with a bit of Missing Link sprinkled on and water on top of that.

Within 2 weeks of changing the food, both dogs have black stools, and are straining to go. Lots of large pea size pieces - very atypical for them. So for the past 4 days I have been also giving them pumpkin and also 2 of those days they had some yogurt. Now they seem to be going a bit easier, but the stools are still black.

Something is not right - I'm considering now switching to a product that has grains but no chicken - so unsure about what the allergy issue is And just not as pleased with the food as I wanted to be.

The other thing is I feel bad for Bubba, want to feed them the same food, so he is suffering as I try to find something that works. Of course my biggest fear is he's allergic to one thing and Roxy to something else

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 02-24-2009 at 06:56 PM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!