View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

With the 3rd being day one of her cycle and the 14th as the "tie" date, then yes there would be a very good chance that she became pregnant. Days 9-15 are the most opportune time for a female to accept the male and become pregnant.
If you plan to continue with the pregnancy, I suggest you use the next 9 weeks to read, read, read......and learn as much as you can on the subject of yorkie breeding & whelping. Go here... Canine Reproduction Video and Book on Breeding and Whelping dogs by Debbie Jensen for dog breeders and Whelping Supplies needed to deliver puppies. , click on the different links on either side as you scroll down; there is an abundance of information there. It is a favorite website of mine and I reccomend it to anyone that asks "what to do".
Good luck to you and please keep us posted on the outcome. Treat your girl as if you know she's pregnant, feeding her a high quality puppy food from now until she weans her pups. When she would be 4 weeks along, you can take her to your vet and he should be able to palpitate her belly to feel if she has pups.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!