View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
tootsiebell
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I have had Lilly since she was 8 months old & she is now 18 months old. She was not potty trained when I got her (although they said she was) and I, like you have struggled with it also. I didn't try ther crate training - I just couldn't bring myself to do it since I am gone from 7:30am-5:30pm Monday thru Friday. I ended up buying a piece of vinyl lattice & kept her in the kitchen which is all tile. If she is in there all day, she will go on them. When I am home, she will go in the kitchen but NOT on the pads, on the tile. When I am not home & she is left out, she will pee anywhere she pleases. I do not want to confine her, but I don't want pee spots all over the floor. I use diapers every single time we go to anyone's house. I visit my Mom quite often, so she is in them a LOT. I have considered putting her in them when I am at work just for piece of mind, but I'm like you & not sure if that is fair or not. Also, I have resorted to Newborn diapers & cut a whole in them for her tail. (the poo comes right out too with no mess) Doggie diapers were very expensive & the XXS size was even too big for her & didn't stay on.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!