View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
Honeys Mama
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Here's what i've done with my yorkie puppy. I use the puppy pads while i'm home. They haev a blue bottom and a white cottony surface. They are supposta attract the dogs to use them but i dunno . Either way honey uses them when i forget to take her outside or i get sidetracked. As you know yorkies have VERY small bladders and i live in a 5 story bldg, all stairs. It came to a point when she was learning to use it outside, she'd go in the hallway! UGH! anyway. when i'm not home she stays in a room with a puppy pad. Shes only ever gone in the room TWICE! weird? And at night i lock her in the crate in front of my bed. She only whined a few nights and i just yelled "NO" and she got the idea. Our biggest problem right now is she loves to go on my bathroom mats. guess they remind her of the grass outside. I now just close the door so only places she can go is her room, living room, and kitchen and its working out pretty well. I never did the litter box training so i cant help you with that. But the puppy pads are great. you can buy them at wal-mart i'm pretty sure. And i know some people on here sell washable pee pads. It helps to lay out a bunch of the pee pads and then narrow it down to just a few. I lined the entire kitchen and living room with them and now we're down to just a corner where she goes. Just be sure you dont let her wander off, they're sneaky lil buggers i'll tell ya! Keep us updated on how its going!

Btw, honey is about 5 months just so you know

Also i live in germany so i know how its hard to go in the snow. and yes it is a turn off for the pups. I usually scrape off a small spot for t hem to go. Honey would pee no problem but getting her to poop has been quite a challenge!

i dont have carpeting in my house so seeing a spot has been a lot easier. BUT if you have carpets be sure to buy some industrial strength carpet cleaner!

Last edited by Honeys Mama; 02-24-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: forgot info
Honeys Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!