View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodybearsmom View Post
I get why Brody has accidents in his kennel during my long hours at work. What I don't get is why he insists upon pooing in his kennel right before bedtime. He knows when we put him in his kennel, it's bedtime. So, he poos and we let him back out to clean it up. Then he gets back in it until we get up at 5:30 the next morning.
For his long days, should I put him in the bathroom and put his kennel and potty pad in there with him? He goes all night and is fine.
On a good note, he has started going to the door when he needs to potty.
yay for going to the door good boy Brody!

The kennel is probably too big for night time- at night- he needs to have it VERY small- only enough room to lay down- then he won't poop in there because he will have no choice but to lay in it. So at night i'd stuff the back with pillows or towels. Also does he have a command word for going potty? i tell Layla to hurry up- which means- do what you gotta do if you had one then before he went to bed at night he'd know he is going outside to potty- and the first time he poops outside before bed- HUGE party and treats galore he'll get the idea pretty fast

If you are gone long hours i would section off part of the house (i'm not a fan of the bathroom because it is so small- no windows usually- can't hear the tv- maybe can you get a small dog play pen? and put his kennel in there- pee pads, food/water and keep the tv or radio on for him
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!